Rubinstein & Corozzo LLP has achieved outstanding results for clients in criminal and civil matters. The following is a sample of some of those cases.
FULL ACQUITTALS IN FEDERAL CASES
We have won acquittals for numerous clients who opted to go to trial in their federal cases. A few examples of our victories in federal court include:
- November 2013 full acquittal for client in SDNY narcotics conspiracy and firearm case. The client was facing a mandatory minimum of 25 years if convicted but walked out a free man after spending more than three years in jail awaiting trial.
- Acquittals in racketeering (RICO) cases involving the alleged Genovese crime family
- An acquittal in a securities fraud prosecution alleging tens of millions of dollars in losses
- Acquittals in major narcotics cases alleging the transportation of "tons of marijuana" and kilos of cocaine
FULL ACQUITTALS IN NEW YORK STATE CASES
We have secured acquittals for many clients facing state prosecutions. A few examples of our victories in state court include:
- Acquittals in a case charging the alleged Gambino crime family with state racketeering (OCCA) charges
- Acquittals in a racketeering case chagrining municipal fraud amounting to tens of millions of dollars
- Numerous acquittals in homicide cases
DEFENDING MEDICAID FRAUD CASES
Our firm has successfully represented medical doctors, pharmacists, dentists and providers of Medicaid benefits in cases against the New York Attorney General's Office.
CLIENT AVOIDED PROSECUTION FOR MULTIMILLION DOLLAR FRAUD
Our client who was investigated for Medicaid, Medicare, and Insurance Fraud was not prosecuted criminally. Instead only a civil case was brought which we successfully settled for a five figure amount.
CLIENT CONVICTED OF FEDERAL EXTORTION CHARGE SENTENCED TO PROBATION
A recent victory in the Eastern District of New York was for a client who plead guilty to Extortion. The client whose guidelines sentence range was 57-71 months imprisonment did not receive any term of incarceration and instead was sentenced only to probation.
CLIENT PROSECUTED IN SEVEN FIGURE FRAUD AVOIDS JAIL
Our client was charged in New York County with executing a seven figure fraud on a multimillion dollar corporation. Although he was facing a lengthy jail sentence we were able to secure a probationary sentence for the client.
CLIENT CONVICTED OF VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER SENTENCED TO PROBATION
Our client was convicted of vehicular manslaughter in Queens and received a sentence of five years of probation.
CLIENT CONVICTED OF CRIMINAL POSSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY SENTENCED TO PROBATION & OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS RETURNED IN CIVIL FORFEITURE ACTION
MOST FAVORABLE CIVIL SETTLEMENT IN MULTIDEFENDANT CASE
Represented client in federal criminal and civil cases for allegedly fraudulent stock loan transactions. Subsequent to the criminal case we negotiated the most favorable civil settlement in the case on behalf of our client.
FULL DISMISSAL OF ROBBERY CHARGES AGAINST PEDICAB DRIVER
Through negotiations with the prosecutor our attorneys convinced the New York County District Attorney's office to dismiss all charges against our clients. The ADA on the case commended our office for its "zealous advocacy" for our client.
CHANGING THE LAW
Thanks to the efforts of Rubinstein & Corozzo LLP "judge shopping" is no longer permitted in New York Federal Courts. Shortly after filing a motion arguing that the EDNY prosecutors were improperly using Local Rule 50.3 to "judge shop" the Local Rule was changed.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME